Miss Florida Forestry Pageant
PAGEANT RULES(1) Contestants must compete in the age division according to their age the day of the State Pageant. Must be a legal resident of Florida.
(2) Must submit a copy of your birth certificate with the application.
(3) May be sponsored by friends, family or businesses, if you are coming at large. Local winners will be sponsored by local pageant.
(4) Must sell (4) Good luck ads at $25.00 each to go in the program book. You may get ads from friends, family or businesses. Ad page must be submitted camera ready and typed in bold black. You can lay page out the way you want to, just include contestants name, parents, sponsor, and county. County is the county that you are representing. Leave room above the name, parents, sponsors, and county for a wallet photo. Submit wallet photo and the printer will insert your photo.
(5) If you have already won the state pageant, you cannot compete again on the state forestry pageant level until you change age groups.
(6) All Miss Florida Forestry contestants will be eligible to advance to the Miss U.S. National Forestry Scholarship Pageant. However, only the winners will receive their entry fees paid. All Florida residents wishing to advance to the Miss U.S. National Forestry Pageant must compete in the state pageant. The Miss U.S. National Forestry Scholarship Pageant will not accept Florida contestants at large.
(7) If named queen, you must promote Forestry for the upcoming year. Tiny, Little, Junior, Teen, and Miss can compete in other pageants as long as they do not interfere and require appearances and promotion. The decision of interference will be at the sole discrepancy of the Florida Forestry Pageant.
(8) Must always act in a ladylike manner.
(9) Must get permission from the Florida Forestry Pageant before promoting the Forestry for any event. The only reimbursable expenses that the Miss queen will receive are motel expenses for events that are approved by the Florida Forestry Pageant, any other expenses will be the responsibility of the queen.
(10) Must get permission from the Florida Forestry Pageant before competing in other pageants.
(11) Queens will get scholarship money at the end of her reign, provided she fulfills her duties as Miss Florida Forestry Queen.
(12) Contestants must have never been married or never been pregnant, or never convicted of a crime. Queens cannot marry or become pregnant or be convicted of a crime during their reign.
(13) A contestant agrees to abide by all the rules and regulations of the Florida Forestry Pageant now in affect or announced thereafter.
(14) The pageant will be conducted under the rules established by Florida Forestry Pageant and a contestant agrees that the time, manner and method of judging the pageant shall be solely within the discretion of the Florida Forestry Pageant and the decision of the judges will be final.
(15) Anyone acting in a disorderly way will be disqualified without refund.
(16) No refunds unless pageant should be canceled.
(17) The deadline to enter is June 1, 2006 for contestants entering at large or the first contestant we receive per county. You must enclose a wallet photo, black & white or color for the program book along with your camera ready page.
(18) If named queen, you must be on time for all the appointments and if named queen, the queen must give a phone number and the address where she can be reached at all times by the Florida Forestry Pageant. Queens reign and appearance shall be handled solely within the Florida Forestry Pageant and the Queen. No other family members or friends shall be involved with these activities. Queens must wear crown and banner, and shall dress appropriately for all occasions.
(19) A contestant must be of good moral character and shall not have been convicted of any crimes and shall possess poise, personality, intelligence, and charm.
(20) No Cameras of any nature allowed in the building or on the premises. We will have a videographer and a photographer for your convenience. No cell phones, beepers, or electronic equipment allowed in the building. Contestants will be disqualified if a family member or members of her entourage are caught breaking any of the Florida Forestry Pageant rules.
(21) If entering photogenic, pictures must be mailed no later than May 1, 2006.
(22) A $40.00 service charge will be charged for returned checks.
(23) No Food or Drinks in the Auditorium.
(24) Should there be a problem of any kind during the pageant, or related events, the contestants are to go directly to the Florida Forestry Pageant. Any unruly, unsportsmanlike, or unbecoming conduct by a contestant or any member of her entourage, or any disregard for the rules and regulations of this pageant could result in immediate dismissal from further competition without refund. Depending upon the severity of the action or behavior, it could result in a permanent barrier from future competition in the Miss Florida Forestry Pageant, to be decided upon by the Florida Forestry Pageant.
(25) If named queen and for some reason, title is revoked, you will have to return all prizes such as but not limited to crown, banner, crowning pin, scholarships, and all prizes presented to the queen on the night she wins to the Florida Forestry Pageant. If your title is revoked on the state forestry pageant level, you can never compete in a local or state forestry pageant.
(26) No Soliciting of any kind is allowed at the pageant or in the building. This means no passing out of other materials, applications and so forth.
(27) Queens will keep their crown, banner and all prizes at the end of their reign. Queens cannot wear the Florida Forestry crown, banner, crowning pin and so forth to promote another pageant after they give up their State Forestry title. If caught doing so, the Florida Forestry Pageant has the right to ask for the crown, banner, and crowning pin to be returned to the Florida Forestry Pageant.
(28) These rules apply to Tiny, Little, Junior, Teen, and Miss contestants competing for the titles of Miss Florida Forestry and if named Tiny, Little, Junior, Teen, or Miss Florida Forestry, these rules will stay in effect until the Florida Forestry Queens fulfill their year and relinquish their title on the date that is set by the Florida Forestry Pageant for the next following State Pageant.
(29) If ordering magnetic signs for your car, these must be ordered immediately. Contact Florida Forestry Pageant to order signs.
If I can assist you, call me at 229-776-0924.
I look forward to having you join us for the fun and excitement of the Miss Florida Forestry Pageant.
Dawn Etchells, Director visit our website at http://missfloridaforestry.tripod.com/
Copyright@Georgia Forestry Pageant and Educational Association, Inc. 2003-2005 Materials are not to be copied without permission.
Don't be mislead about our rules!
Yes, Our queens can compete in other pageants! Some contestants have been misinformed about our rules. Don't let gossip keep you from being part of Georgia's Oldest Scholarship Pageant. Rule #7 and specifically says you can do any pageant you would like, you just have to promote Forestry. Contact us anytime and we will be glad to discuss our rules with you. We look forward to having you join us.